Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tia's Been Approved for Tubes

After this past week of projectile vomiting, the doctor found that she had yet another ear infection.  She has a narrow ear canal in her left ear (so do I) and it causes her to catch all the drainage and thus making her more prone to catch anything that daycare sends her way.  So that is why she has been catching everything the past months.  This time, the Doctor thinks her body is trying to tell us that it is time to do something about the ear infections. Since she's had more than 4 in 6 months, she has been approved to have tubes put in.  Although, I know the procedure can be scary for a new mom and worry wart dad, but ultimately this should help her with catching all the colds she's caught in her lifetime.  She'll still get sick from time to time, but it won't be near the volume that she has been.

Since she's been sick, she has been needier than normal. So needy that she wants us to constantly hold her from the time she is awake until the time she goes to bed.  I have had to rock her to sleep to the point where she is snoring. If not, then when I put her down, she'll wake up and cry hysterically until you pick her up again.  Last night, I spent 2 hours trying to put her down and every time she would throw some temper tantrums.  I ended up rocking her to sleep, then crawling into bed with her and holding her until I slowly eased away to get some housework done.  If she would wake up, I'll run to her side and she'd fall back asleep.  I can tell you that it is super precious to be needed by her and I love when she puts her head on my shoulder and her arm is clutching my neck.  So adorable.  She won't even go in her exersaucer or jump-a-roo - but if you hold her, she's happy.

I think the medication she is on is helping her get back to normal and soon she'll be back to her happy go lucky self.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that she's going to be getting a procedure to make her feel better! I know it must be frightening, but tubes are sooo common that I'm sure you have friends that have been through the same thing. I know that Gabriel is reaching the clingy, mommy needs to be in my view and preferably holding me, stage...so being sick would definitely make it worse! Do you know when she's getting them yet?

    ReplyDelete