Friday, July 16, 2010

Tia is all better!

Monday - Call from daycare that Tia had 4 loose stools
Tuesday - Mommy stayed home w/Tia while she had many loose stools and a sore bottom
Wednesday - repeat of Tuesday
Thursday - Daddy stayed home w/Tia while she had many loose stools (worse than Tuesday and Wednesday) and a very very sore bottom. Had a more solid stool just before bedtimej
Friday - Daddy stayed home but reported that Tia was feeling better and her stools were starting to be back to normal

It is so amazing how something so small can produce something so stinky and routine-changing. We let her go clothes-free for the past 4 days trying to air out her sore bottom and give it time to heal, we gave her soy formula to try to get her a little more stopped up, and we were continually doing laundry the past four days. BUT in all optimistic views - we both had so much quality time with Tia it was unreal. We got to witness her saying Dadadadada and Chris even caught a clip of her saying Hi dada although she didn't mean to - but it is super cute. In light of her ailment, she was happy the majority of the time and extremely playful. She was more needy in the sense that she wanted our attention more but as they say these moments go by so quickly! I'm glad baby girl is feeling better. She is definitely the light of my life and Chris is my savior! Yes, I'm in a philosophical mood and yes I love you all....okay, I'm having a dirty martini and I'm appreciating life at the moment, but that point is that babies are very precious and I am fortunate that Tia only has a virus and not something life threatening. It pains me to hear of stories of fellow mothers having to go through trying times with their babies. I just can not imagine and it causes me to tear up thinking about it. (sipping my martini) Okay, seriously though Thank you to all of your supporters and loved ones of Tia especially Katma who is our go-to parent to watch Tia.

No comments:

Post a Comment